October 4, 2012
Time-Creator is a software product that saves you time. The first version is for Microsoft Excel users. It contains the following features. It doesn't run on Open Office or Goodle Docs:
- To-do List
- Quick access to information
- Time Tracking
October 18, 2012
This is an early Alpha version of Time-creator. It isn't as easy to use right now as I would like, but extremely useful. It will be worth your time to learn to use it. I use this product at work and home every day and I will say it's pretty cool.
I'll be posting some videos on how to use this version. I'll also be updating the software to be more usable.
I appreciate all feedback whether positive or negative, but especially the negative as it will help me improve the product.
If you want to estimate it helps having a formula. Accurate estimating is a valuable skill. It's the answer to the question "How long will it take?" If your boss, user or customer asks this question and you answer it incorrectly it could be a problem of
- Working overtime
- Not meeting expectations
- Not being trusted
- Receiving a lower hourly rate for your work
Time tracking is usually a dreaded task by the people who need to do it. Lawyers, accountants, software developers, professionals need to know what they spent their time on.
The reason it's disliked is that it's difficult to do until Time-Creator came along.
There are some subtle advantages to tracking your time:
- You can identify time wasters
- You can make better estimates if you know how long similar tasks take
- A program can check if you're doing the right tasks to help you achieve your goals
- You can better balance your time by knowing that you're spending too much if it on one project
- You can be warned if you're taking too long on a task